The AHR Layout Guide is the official guide when it comes to properly structuring your articles to make them eligible for featured character and to make everything cleaner on our wiki. This guide will show you how to structure your page correctly, whether or not it is a country, organization, character, or anything else related to the Alternate History Roleplay timeline.
Required (R) - If a section in this guide is marked with (R), this means that it is required to be eligible for featured status.
Recommended (RE) - If a section in this guide is marked with (RE), this means that it is recommended, however is not required to have featured status.
If Applicable (IA) - If a section in this guide is marked with (IA), this means that it is only to be used if applicable and is not required for featured status, although recommended.
- Infobox (R) - An infobox (Template:Character) should always be on a character page to give a short list about a character's description or statistics. All fields should be filled out properly and frequently up to date. See the character infobox here.
- Infobox image (IA) - An image of the character should be placed to give the reader a better idea of what they look like, and is not required.
- Description (RE) - To the left of the infobox should be a description to tell readers who your character is. A quote may be made just above the description if necessary, however this is completely optional and not at all required.
- Body/main article (R) - The body of the article is highly required for featured status. It should start with the biography section is required for featured status. The section should be headed with "Heading," an individual sections about the biography (e.g. Early life, Career) should be listed as "Sub-heading 1," (and sub-headings for those as 2, 3, and so forth). The biography should be properly detailed to allow the reader clarification as to what is happening, and it is recommended that years/dates be listed either in titles or in the text. Following the biography should be a "Personality and traits" section, telling the reader about the character's personality and traits, as the title implies.
- Category (R) - Articles must be properly categorized in order to be eligible for featured status. For further information, see our categorization guide.
- Infobox (R) - A country infobox (Template:Country Infobox) is required for featured status, and will show a country's statistics, such as its capital, languages, and other. Most, but not all, fields should be filled out to make it as complete and up-to-date as possible.
- Flag (R) - An image of the countries' flag should be placed into the infobox.
- Description (RE) - A description of the country is recommended for featured status, and will tell the reader a small bit about the country before they move on to the detailed parts of the article.
- Body/main article (R) - A country page should always have a body consisting of a section for its History, Government, and Organizations within <country name>. The history should be a detailed story explaining how the country came to exist, what happened to it during its existence, and how it ended (if necessary). The government section should tell about the different branches of its government, and how it operates, and may have sub-section entitled Current government officials to list its current officials. The Organizations with <country name> section should tell about the individual organizations within the country, such as its military or other political groups.
- Category (R) - The country article must be properly categorized for it to be eligible for featured status. For further information, see our categorization guide.